Support & FAQ
Is your Kermit Chair not what you expected? No problem! We will refund the purchase price, minus shipping costs, to any customer not satisfied with their chair. To qualify for a refund, the chair must be returned within 30 days from the date of purchase. Any costs associated with shipping a return are the responsibility of the customer. If the Kermit Chair is visibly worn or used, we will deduct a 20% restocking fee from your refund.
We notify our customers of our upcoming releases via a countdown on the front page of our website, as well as email alerts. To be notified of our next release, please sign up here to be added to our email alert list.
Although we consider ourselves extremely lucky to manufacture such a unique product that is in constant high demand, we are often out of stock, and as such, we offer our chairs in weekly “drop” style releases. We will accept new orders until we reach production capacity for the week’s release, then we begin building chairs in the order that they were received. As soon as we have completed production on a batch of Kermit Chairs, we ship all orders from the previous week’s release, and then repeat the process.
Unless otherwise specified, our Chairs are built to order. Production times currently average between one and two weeks, but may take longer depending on unforeseen production delays or supply shortages. If your order has a deadline, please let us know in the “order notes” field upon checkout.
After your Kermit Chair has been assembled, packed, and picked up by one of our carriers, delivery times vary by service:
- UPS Domestic
- 2 days via UPS 2nd Day Air
- 3-5 days via UPS Ground
- 3-5 days via Priority Mail
- 1-3 days via Express Mail
- USPS International Mail
- 7-14 days via Priority Mail
- 5-7 days via Express Mail
Delivery times are only provided as a general estimate, and are not guaranteed.
Please refer to the UPS and USPS websites for any possible domestic or international delays.
- We offer general repair and refurbishing for our Chairs for a nominal fee, plus shipping costs.
- Most repairs are covered by our five-year warranty, the exception being damage caused by improper use of the chair (such as standing on it or throwing it off a cliff) or by accident (bear attack, crushed by vehicle, chair left too close to the campfire)
- If you are unsure if your chair is eligible for a free repair, please contact us using the form below for further information.
- For spare parts and hardware not covered under warranty, please visit our parts page to place an order.
- Our offices and main production facilities are based in Nashville, TN.
- We are not currently accepting tours at this time, but please contact us for further information regarding scheduling a visit.
- Our website is the main official outlet from which to purchase official Kermit Chair products.
- Our products are not carried on Amazon at this time, and buyers should be wary of imitations.
- View list of domestic and international retailers here
- Yes! We ship all over the world via USPS International Mail.
- Shipping costs for your order can be calculated on the USPS website.
- We recommend that you ship directly to your address, as we are not responsible for damages or losses caused by freight forwarding services.
- Please allow extra time for delivery, as packages can occasionally take longer to clear customs, depending on the destination.
- All Customs fees and duties payable in the country of delivery are paid by the customer.
- Our prices do not include import duty or VAT.
- The Chair packs to 6” across x 22” long.
- It will fit in many motorcycle saddlebags. Most riders will strap the Chair on the back with their tent or other gear.
- It will still fit easily into a trunk or the back of a car when simply folded – no need to fully disassemble.
- No, the Leg Extensions come in their own separate bag.
- We offer a larger Kermit Chair Bag (sold separately) that will hold the Chair and Leg Extensions in the same bag.
- If the aluminum brace gets loose, tighten the screws that hold the brace. If it is still loose, you may try bending the aluminum inward (towards the brace) slightly for a tighter fit.
- If walking around with your Kermit Chair with the Leg Extensions attached, hold the Chair upside down by the straight braces to prevent the extensions from falling off.
- Velcro cable ties, rubber bands, or hair ties can also be wrapped around the leg to secure the Leg Extensions to the aluminum brace tab.
- The Chair is weight tested to hold 350lbs.
- With the exception of cases of misuse/abuse, we do not tend to have any issues with Chairs breaking.
- This is not always the case. Occasionally there will be an old Chair that could develop a weak part over time.
- Our five-year warranty will cover any normal wear and tear or factory defects on our products.
- It is normal for the Chair to creak a little when sitting in it. This is nothing to be alarmed about – it is simply the sound of the wood rubbing against itself and the hardware.
- The Wide Chair has reinforcements over the screws that are most prone to breaking.
- The Chair frame is made of white oak, all locally and responsibly sourced in TN.
- All metal hardware on our chair is made of aluminum and stainless steel.
- The seat fabric is a durable and weather-resistant 1000 denier coated nylon.
- Very! The wood is double coated in marine grade polyurethane.
- It is OK to leave the Chair outside for short periods, of time, but we do not recommend leaving it out in the rain.
- Leg Extensions should be removed after use if the chair is wet, as they may gather water.
- A fresh water hose down will do the trick to rinse off the wood and metal hardware. Please let everything dry completely before packing the Chair back in the bag.
- You can clean most dirt off the fabric by using a stiff brush or a solution of dish soap and water.
- Absolutely! Just be sure to rinse the Chair with fresh water when you are done using it. If you don’t, the sand can build up in the metal parts of the chair and make it difficult to fold and assemble.
- As long as the Chair is properly cleaned after use, the materials will hold up well.
- To prevent the chair from sinking into the sand, a towel or piece of fabric can be used underneath all four legs.
- All Kermit Chair products are handmade in Nashville, TN, and in the small town of Red Boiling Springs, TN.
- Learn more about our factory and our team here
- Some Kermit Chairs may require a bit of effort to assemble before they have been “broken in”. The fabric will loosen up with time after it has been put together and used regularly.
- If you live in a very hot and arid climate, it may help to spray a little bit of water on the fabric to help it loosen up before sitting in it.
- Put the Chair in the sun for a couple of hours and the fabric will tighten, much like a boat cover.
- Canvas tightening spray may help reduce sags in fabric.
- If the fabric has loosened significantly due to use over time, we offer replacement cover sets here.
- Due to limited production and high demand, we are currently paused on acceptance of new wholesale contracts.
- However, wholesalers are encouraged to contact us to inquire regarding possibly future availability and expansion.
- For a quote on larger orders (+7 chairs), or for collaborative product inquiries, please contact us using the form below.
The Kermit Chair features a five-year warranty. This warranty covers any defects in workmanship and materials which may impact the function of the Kermit Chair. It also covers regular wear and tear. This warranty excludes damage caused by accident, neglect, or abuse.
For full warranty repair service, you will need to return the chair to us along with a description of the defect. The chair will be repaired or replaced as necessary and returned as soon as possible. To start a warranty claim, please contact us using our form below.
This warranty gives the purchaser specific legal rights, and the purchaser may have other rights which vary from state to state.
Spare parts, or replacement parts outside of our warranty period, are available for purchase on our Parts page.
We provide general inspection and repair services for our products at a nominal cost- please contact us for details.